Steak of choice
(2 tablespoons) unsalted butter or olive oil
- First prep your steak. Take the steak out of the fridge, and pat it dry with paper towels. Sprinkle it generously with salt and pepper, and set it aside for about 30 minutes. You can cover the steak with a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- Next cook the steak. Melt the butter and heat the oil together in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place the steak in the hot skillet, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Next move steak in skillet to a preheated oven set to 350. Cook for another 8-10 minutes, depending on your size of steak. cook until the internal temperature reaches 130F-140F. This is medium rare to medium.
- Next, Take the steak out of the skillet, and place it on a cutting board. Allow it to rest for about five minutes before cutting and serving.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non stick pan cook two eggs to your liking.
- Slice your steak and assemble your plate and its time to enjoy!
- I also like to melt a little pat of butter on top of my steak and offset the heaviness of the meal with a side of my favorite fruits.
- Leftover steak can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.